Maehlum Gard | Sjoavegen 502 | N-2670 OTTA | Norway | Tel: +47 61231159 | Mob: +47 97714187 | Email
»Welcome to Ranch Maehlum - Norway
»Ranch history
»Tourism
»Prices
»Waterfall and tower
»Fishing and hunting
»The surroundings
»Arts and crafts
»Addresses and links
»(Page not active)
»Gallery

Prices - 2017 - self catering for groups up to 55 persons

Prices - 2017

In general - prices depend on the season of the year, length of stay, size of group, type of accomodation, particular needs and wishes concerning completely/partly equipped beds, departure cleaning of the facilities etc.
We may even have special offers during the year.

Therefore - we inspire you to get in touch with us by mail e-maelum@online.no giving details on the main parameters mentioned above enabling us to respond with a more specific offer.

Right here we give you two promises: One is a rapid response, the other is that you most probably will be astonished by our very affordable prices.


-----------------------------------------

Washingmachines available. We will offer, upon request and negotiated fees to undertake the final cleaning of the facilities on departure day.

Groups will advance 30% of basic prices 30 days before arrival, the remaining 70% to be paid 3 days ahead of departure.

The kitchen is well equipped for at least 50+ persons with stoves, pro dishwasher etc and a large cooled storage room.

The downstairs diningroom Stua has recently been re-decorated. A huge open fireplace in the corner may give the bubbles in your glasses a new dimension since this salon is also a pleasant place to relax off meals.
The Upstairs Stua has also recently been restored to its livingroom style/looks some 180 years ago. Here you find sat-TV, but we assume you prefer to enjoy the view overlooking the river, the Maehlum waterfall and the mountains surrounding the Ranch and the valley.
Please have a look at those and more in the photo gallery.

Most of the activities in the nature are free to enjoy! The Ranch is located some 100 yards from the 1 km riverside belonging to it, and a relaxing 45 minutes walk take you to the cosy country town of Otta.
By the riverside boats of different kinds/sizes are waiting for you to row on the wide and slowfloating Laagen river, well known to offer lots of trouts and ‘harr’ which you later may cook/fry or barbecue a the riverside fireplace/barbeque. You may catch your meal from the shores too – no need to paddle out! License to leagally Go Fishing is avaiable at reasonable daily or weekly fees.

Would you even like to Go Rafting in the famous national river canoeing center at Sjoa (link Heidal Rafting right side), go Mountain Hiking by foot or bike, go Summer Skiing (also link right side) to Galdhopiggen SummerSkiing, crosscountry or alpine skiing? It is all quite close at hand. The winters offer you all sorts of soft and more rough ski challenges, be it in the Rondane National Park 20 km east, Jotunheimen (some 40-50 km west) or near the Hall of the Mountain King on the Dovrefjell Plateau, 50 kms north. Miles and miles of marked crosscountry lanes are being prepared after each snowfall all trough the winter. The very nearest Alpine Site is located 20 km up from Otta, and within 50-100 kms you find another five sites offering from 1 to 4 varieties of snow-skill experience needed. Those are the very Lillehammer "94 Olympic sites and lanes.

Prices at those locations also vary by seasons and we can best inform you upon request by mail.
But please keep in mind: Many one of the best things in life, among them Mother Nature, is still free of charge - you do not always have to pay to enjoy. Lovers of/in the nature will always find their ways and places!




2002 © www.ranch1.no / e-maelum@online.no